Sunday, November 18, 2007
Worse than I thought
Ok, so Tys decided to thrust me into the limelight by tagging me ... clearly the man will not rest till the rest of the world is in on what he endures at home everyday :). In other words, this here post is all about: Seven Random and / or Weird Things about Me.
The Rules (yes there are rules!), are as follows:
Rules : Link to the person that tagged you, and post the rules on your blog.
Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself.
Tag 7 random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
Well this is going to be interesting because even my mother won't deny that I'm somewhat er, strange. The pickings as it were, are far from slim in my case. But I'm going to go easy on you unsuspecting folks by listing some of my milder eccentrecities (is that a word?)here:
1. The husband brought it to my notice the other day, that I'm one of the few (read only) people he knows who laughs out loud in movie theatres even at mildly funny scenes. Ahem, see I thought this happened to everyone, but ... APPPARENTLY NOT. So while everyone gently sniggers or smiles to themselves at whatever comic relief is currently playing on screen, I tend to slap the proverbial thigh and pull out all stops with the guffaws and the ha ha's. Most unladylike I'm sure. So now I know why I attract so much attention at movie theatres. Hmmm ... ah well ... so its not my radiant beauty then.
2. Also, I will clean the entire house before the cleaner actually arrives. And yes, I have a point to that. I cannot have a random lady think bad thoughts about my housekeeping skills. Even if she is there to actually keep the house. The shock, awe and ultimately admiring looks I get from these erstwhile women are worth all the sweat and toil I assure you. Makes me happy ... and a little smug.
3. Offence is my best form of defence. Tys knows all about this. One of the Hindu scriptures state that going on the war path should be the final option after Sama (pacification), Daana (bribing), Bheda (conspiracy) have all been tried to no avail. Well, I clearly missed that class. Sometimes I find myself talking real loud (ie. needlessly arguing) at a mystified audience of my colleagues - and realise that heck, we were only discussing our post lunch 3 pm coffee order. A simple yes or no to the samosa with chutney or ketchup question would have sufficed. Oh, and did I mention that I always won at school debates. A.L.W.A.Y.S. Yep.
4. Clothes in the cupboard must all be folded lengthwise and placed in designated piles. If I don't have time to do this very important thing, they will remain in a heap and fall out at me or my unsuspecting cats, every single time the said cupboard is opened.
5. My specs, mobile phone and car keys have a mysterious habit of never being found. This clearly has nothing to do with me being weird. Can I help it if somebody put the glasses in the fridge next to the cheese, the phone in the bathroom and the keys in some new exciting place every single day? I'll bet its all a plot to unnerve me and frazzle my nerves ... not that it takes much. Tys insists that I have the "find things" chip missing in my brain. He goes so far as to say that it was heavenly intervention that brought us together or I would lose myself in a swamp somewhere someday. Oh what pish ptosh!
6. I light enough candles at the slightest excuse to pose a potential fire hazard to the entire neighbourhood and get this ... its in order to "soothe me" :-D. Definitely not soothing for the poor neighbours who are now quite immune to the smoke detector going off most evenings. He he he.
7. And finally, I'm too weird to end with this limited 7 thingy. So I'll end by saying that my darling son aged 4, is nothing like me. Well yes, he looks just like the mater all slightly chinky eyes and everything, but thankfully, heaven did intervene and made him as ahem, balanced and sane as his father. The child has now taken to looking at me warily (refer photo on top left corner) every now and then and asking me "Ma, whatcha doin?" ... what he can't articulate of course is "Ma, are you quite alright and all there?" - or "Mom, please tell me I ain't gonna be an eccentric old coot like you someday".
Thass all folks!
And oh yes, another thing I can never do is follow rules, so I'm not gonna tag anyone else. Ha.